Dads in Distress is the front line suicide prevention support service of charity Parents Beyond Breakup.
We do one thing and we do it really well. More efficiently and more effectively than almost anyone else.
We keep dads alive, and in their kids lives.
Separated men, particularly non custodial dads, make up the single largest group of all male suicides in Australia. Each year, our internal research shows we typically prevent over 365 suicides. Thats somewhere over 650 kids who get to keep their dad, each year.
Its an achievement that is unique and more to the point, we deliver it on a fraction of the funding that larger organisations attract and require. How do we do it?
This is how we outperform almost every other suicide prevention program:
- Almost everyone at Dads in Distress is both a separated dad and a volunteer.
- We are dads helping dads.
- Its meant that in two decades of operating, we’ve never forgotten who we are and why we’re here.
- All of our people have direct lived experience meaning that we are kept honest, focussed and effective.
- Its why no large or better known charity’s come even close to matching our suicide prevention performance, or our cost efficiency.
If you’re going to support anyone that is working to reduce male suicide, why not make it an organisation thats proven it delivers much more, for far less. Make your valuable donation go further than it would elsewhere.
Please give generously.
With us you know its going straight to the front line and into hands on, grass roots, suicide prevention – saving a dads life, and helping give his kids a brighter future.
Donate via GiveNow
- Click to open our GiveNow donation page
- Choose the amount
- Choose if its a one off or regular payment
- GiveNow immediately issue an emailed tax deductible receipt
Donate via direct bank transfer
- Westpac Bank
- Account name is Parents Beyond Breakup Ltd
- BSB: 032-576
- Account number: 420370
- Make sure you use an identifiable reference if you’ll need us to issue you a tax deductible receipt.