Protecting Your Privacy
In simple terms across all PBB services, this means:
- We only collect enough personal information to provide the assistance you have requested, and only the details you are comfortable giving. You can remain anonymous throughout your association with PBB if you wish.
- We will tell you what information about you we have collected and the reason why we have collected or requested that information.
- We will only collect information that you have personally given us, and will provide access to that information if requested by you.
- We will not disclose your personal information outside the agency, unless you or another person are at serious risk of harm or injury.
- We will only use the information you give us for the purpose you provided that information and ensure it is stored securely.
- We may request your story be included in submissions to lobby government for change or for reporting the work PBB does, but we will always seek your permission first and by default, withhold any identifying details.
In relation to the PBB website:
The type of personal information that we collect from you will depend on how you use our website.
- Whether you visit or join the site you can be assured we do not collect or use any personal information on visitors to our website through the use of "cookies" or other software or hardware techniques.
- We have the capacity to view the number of hits the site receives and the locations from where this site is accessed.
- We have the capacity to determine what our users are interested in, and may also look at the top 20 search words used in connecting you to this site.
- If you request information from or about PBB by emailing us you are automatically added to our database, but can be removed by request at any time.
- If you join the website you will be given a user name and password and can view and update your personal details at any time, or ‘unsubscribe’ at any time.
- As a website member you can select your areas of interest, enabling you to specify and control the information you receive from PBB.
- The information collected will be used to send you e-mails when content relevant to your areas of interest are added to the site, or to inform you of any forthcoming event that might be of interest to you.
- You can change your preferences or be removed from this service at any time. All your personal details and email address will be deleted from our client list.
- If you visit the website and read or download information our Internet Service Provider (ISP), automatically records your server address, domain name, the date and time of your visit to our site, the pages viewed and the information downloaded. This information is used for statistical and website development purposes only.
- If you emailed any articles of interest to a friend using our 'email a friend' functionality the ISP automatically and securely records the email addresses of these recipients which may be used to promote the work of PBB.
The circumstances under which we disclose information about you
- It is our policy to guarantee not to sell or pass on any personal information that you have provided to us.
- If an opportunity arose where you could be advantaged by our passing on your details we would only provide those details with your express consent to do so.
- The only exceptions to maintaining complete confidentiality would require authorization from a supervisor or manager:
- where PBB may be required by law to disclose certain information, or
- where PBB may need to respond to the threat of harm or injury to you or others as part of our duty of care.
How we handle emails
We will preserve the contents of any e-mail message that you send us wherever there is a legal requirement to do so. Emails sent to or from PBB may be monitored for quality control, systems administration and legal compliance purposes.
What to do if you believe the information we hold about you is inaccurate
If you believe that any information that we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date, please contact us and we will review the relevant information.
How to contact us if you wish to discuss this policy
If you wish to discuss any aspect of this policy please email or call our Head Office.
Parents Beyond Breakup (PBB) have taken care in creating this website and we offer the information on the website to you in good faith. The information provided is for use of a general nature only and is not intended to be relied upon as, nor to be a substitute for, specific professional advice. No responsibility for loss occasioned to any persons acting on or refraining from action as a result of any material in this publication can be accepted.
Damage or loss
To the fullest extent permitted by law , PBB is not responsible to you or any other person for any damage or loss (including consequential or indirect loss) suffered in connection with (directly or indirectly) use of this website, its content or any material accessed through this website. This includes the transmission of any computer virus.
Users should consider any information and advice as a starting point or for their own research and would be wise to seek confirmation before action.
The views and opinions expressed by any identified individuals or entities may not be associated with PBB and do not necessarily reflect the views of PBB.
For your convenience, our website displays links to other websites. We do not control the content of these other websites and we do not necessarily endorse or agree with that content, or condone the actions of other organisations. You access and use information provided on those sites at your own risk and we accept no liability for the content.
Articles, stories, guest books and all other writings
While PBB endeavours to maintain a wholesome, constructive and accurate standard of content on the website, it cannot be guaranteed.
PBB does not necessarily endorse the content, products or services presented in any article, story, book and all other writings.
PBB welcomes any complaints about articles, stories and content that are offensive, but unless we are notified we cannot be responsible for any ongoing offence.